Thursday, February 08, 2007

Cry out for the innocent babies !


Monday evening on 6 Feburary 07, 130 some College students from different Universities/tertiary institutations gathered at Caritas Francis Hsu College (Kowloon Tong) with only one wish -- Lord's kingdom be on our campuses.

Ryan (AD Year 1), King (English Year 1), Wai wai (Social Science Year 3) and Hong (Business Year 1) gathered at the main entrance of Lingnan and we first drove to Tseng Choi street to have our early dinner before heading to Kowloon Tong. While they enjoyed not only the Tomato noodles but also the very entertaining games, I kept looking the map scaring I may not able to manage arriving the venue on time. The two unforgettable experiences encountered in the nearby area weren't fun -- firstly got lost around Kowloon for more than 30 minutes and finally called a taxi to lead my way and then was hit by the following car at the busy Waterloo road. Anyway, that was the past and things are going to change, I prayed. While we were still in Lung Cheung Road at around 6:45pm, we could finally manage to arrive the venue without getting lost and even be there on time at 7:00pm! Thank you Lord.

This was the first Joint Institutions Prayer Gathering in the Term 2 and 9 institutions have sent representatives :

1. Baptist University
2. Caritas Francis Hsu College
3. City University of Hong Kong
4. Chinese University of Hong Kong
5. Hong Kong Shue Yan University
6. Open University
7. Polytechnic University
8. Lingnan University
9. The Institute of Vocational Educations
10. The University of Science and Technology
11. University of Hong Kong


There were two unforgettable scences I experienced in this prayer gathering :

a. Brother Yung from U-fire asked us to form in small group with 1-2 other brothers and sisters from our institution to pray for the campus. I was in the group with Waiwai and Yuki. We all cried out to Lord to save our campus. It was such a moving scene as we cried out with tears. When talked about Lingnan, I usually feel aches for the broken-heart of our students. For this time, I cried out the Lord to save our hostels. We really need a purity campus so that all these sins be washed away from us.

b. Brother Valiant shared with us the situation of abortion in Hong Kong. I never thought of having this as my burden. First encounter with this topic in a school seminar which only laid the very rough idea of it. When the sister-in-Christ visited Hong Kong and shared the prayers in the States on abortion with Valiant, I still don't know Lord has put this in our hearts. Not until today. When brother Valiant portrayed the detailed information of abortion to us, I couldn't stand still. Kneeing down for Lord's forgiveness on the sins of our city, I react without a second thought. This was also the first time that I cry out Lord for these babies (for many other College students as well, I believe), who even yet to have a power to say a word. "Lord, save us from the hand of the Doctors or the nurses. We may be aborted tomorrow or in a few hours. Lord, save these babies."

While I am recording the thought later on, I remember how Lou Engle and a group of College students got together at the Prayer room right opposite to the Washtington Supreme Court to outlaw the abortion (ABC News : God's Interns 11/29/05: Students in Washington put off careers for prayer.). I was totally moved after watching the video. When I prayed to Lord to submit myself to him in early 2006, he really opened up the world. If it were not that summer trip in 2006, I would still be in my comfort zone in Hong Kong while there are lots of urging issues happened in the world. Praise the Lord for opening up our eyes of heart. If you would like to experience more from Lord, truly pray to Lord to open you up. Things are going to change, I am sure.




No comments: