Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"A trip to hell", A trip to strong faith -- An Encounter with Pastor Philip Mantofa


It’s 1:08am. Just came back home after a long day outside.

Exhausted and tired but deep in my heart I rejoice – I saw scores of people running to altar tonight, committing their lives to Jesus. Instead of going to the Valley of Torture, they chose the road to eternal life.

Turning on the power of my cell phone after tonight’s Evangelistic Meeting, I got tons of phone calls and voice messages. Have to admit that I got a bit frustrated for the chaos that happened today on campus while I couldn't offer assistance from outside. And yet, Lord has his mercy and things are always in his plan, even at times it may not seems good at the beginning. On the ride back home, I read Pastor Philip’s book “A trip to Hell”, I felt relief -- Things on earth will change and therefore only prepare those things in heaven.

What can one ask for when you see people receiving salvation? The young lady that I brought to the meeting came to Christ, in the very last minute. I am glad – in seeing 'a new life’. The burden on her shoulder, the sufferings in the past got to go away. While we prayed for her, her tears fell down. She has been affected by demons for long, she said.

Since last night, I kept praying for a mission for my new cell group and the youth in my University and in Hong Kong. While I wept in hearing Pastor Phillip’s sermon today, the verse that read last night in Wendy Andrew’s Facebook video appeared : (Thanks Wendy for sharing such great video of campus prayer at University of Missouri-Kansas City! It's exciting in seeing people are praying for Lord's presence for their campuses all over the world !)

“The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planning of the Lord
for the display of his splendor” (以賽亞書 Isaiah 61:1-3)

Oh Lord, yes, we are here in bringing those bounded and heartbroken to a new life.


Still remember how Pastor Philip shared his experience in an Evangelistic meeting in Indonesia with the presences of radical non-believers. While he preached, these people also prayed in their ways and disturbed the meeting. Preaching in an area with lots of radical believers of other religions, you are basically put your life at stake. And yet, Pastor Philip has faith in Christ—a strong one. He said : “Not because who I am but because I AM WHAT I BELIEVE.” And that’s powerful.


After he talked about the situation in Hell and started telling us that he should call out people in the name of Jesus to command Satan to release people, my whole body was shaking – this is the situation you have to experience yourself -- the work of Holy Spirit. Pastor Phillips is truly an anointing person. I later saw people were crying, raised their hands to ask God to be their saviors. Lord, this is amazing experience. Lord, this is YOUR work!

It’s close to 2:30am now.

Lord, physically, I am extremely tired and yet my heart rejoices simply because the picture you made me saw tonight. Pastor Philip said we would be shaken and sleepless after the eyes of our heart been opened for the lost spirit and the younger generation in Hong Kong. Lord, I love them and please save them. Lord, I was so thankful for what you have done tonight. Lord, shake us and move us. For those unsaved lives, for those being captive by Satan and for those heartbroken, Lord.

Come to us Lord. Holy spirit, our great Counselor, please comes.

Father, you are in me and I am in you. (John 14:20)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went there too. Just two nights and one morning.

I bought the T-shirt but I am not a youth anymore.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.