Saturday, January 26, 2008

Who are we?

The first teaching week of Term 2 has gone.....

Still remember about two years ago, I am a bit hesitate to review or share my identity as Christian in the public setting of the University campus. Not that I don't want others to know I am a Christian but it somehow occurs to me that I was paid to serve for one role on campus only.

My heart has been gradually changed by Lord and this phrase somehow came to my mind from time to time -- "For I have no feeling of shame about the good news, because it is the power of God giving salvation to everyone who has faith, to the Jew first, and then to the Greek." "我不以福音為恥.這福音本是神的大能、要救一切相信的、先是猶太人、後是希利尼人。" (Roman, 1:16)

Yes, why I need to avoid talking about my identity in Christ inside the classroom? I mean, why don't I let it just comes naturally? Therefore, I found that I shared something different in this first week of the class during my self-introduction:

Mission Statement
「我做人的成功並不是看多少人羨慕我的成就,而是看多少人因著我而尋回失喪的靈魂,活得更有自信及自尊。」 人生宣言,25/5/2003

“My mission of life is not focus on being praised by my achievement but seeing the lost sheep returning to life with dignity and self-respect.”

Teaching Philosophy is based on "Love"
“And if I have a prophet's power, and have knowledge of all secret things; and if I have all faith, by which mountains may be moved from their place, but have not love, I am nothing.”
(Bible; 1 Corinthians; 13:2)

Praise the Lord, I can now share with my students at the beginning the of the course : "I am a Christian -- very committed one on University campus and in church too."

Lord, let more people be brave and share how they were blessed by you in their lives. Let's not be treated by Satan's tricks --

Sharing our beliefs and value in class or in public on campus? Why not?



1 comment:

一月 Mrs. Stoelwinder said...

first time to visit your blog :P