Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pray to know Father's heart for Sichuan




Received SMS from the cell that Christians in Mainland would pray together for the situation in Sichuan (四川成都汶州) tonight (15 May) at 10:30pm. After getting the same message for more than 5 times, I was quite sure I was praying not only with my prayer partner (over the phone) but lots of others brothers and sisters who love the people and the world.

No doubt that sorrow once overwhelmed us, in particular with raising death poll. We prayed for the sufferings, in particular those who lost their beloved one or those who are struggling for the next breath. However, when we prayed hard to know God's will, I somehow envisioned the followings :

1. I could see the map of China with thousands of small red dots -- I believe these are the places that currently with burning prayers.

2. While I kept praying, my focus has somehow altered. The love for spirit hit on me : "Lord, I know you have your will on us. Lord, I prayed that the eye of the heart of your servants around the regions be opened. The bodies of these people of course have to save but Lord, I pray that they get the chance to know who you are -- the God that in-charge of life and death. So Lord, send out your servants, send out your servant Lord, to the area. Talk to the people who are enduring physical pains or emptiness of losing the beloved one, Lord. Lord, made them share the news. I therefore pray for the brothers and sisters out there in the region, Lord. Use them and send them out for you Lord." (One day later, I received phone call informing me that a brother of us was joining the HKSAR team and heading to the area. Hallelujah !)

3. Lord, we have to lift up our sins to you, as people of Hong Kong, Lord. We truly have so many things to enjoy and yet we never feel enough. Lord, forgive our sins. Forgive our pride that we rely on ourselves Lord. Lord, I pray that people now could know that no one can control their lives, not those millionaires or those who have a some words before their surnames Lord. Lord. It's You, Lord.

4. Lord, open the eyes of our heart, the Hong Kong people's heart. We are not only donating money for a natural hazard, Lord. Make us to see what's REALLY HAPPENING in this world Lord. Who can come up and say he/she can control his/her own life? When we talk about the news, make us to talk about you, Lord. Lord, fill us up with your words when we shared with others about you among the sadden news. Lord, we are sorry, we always think we still have time to share with the one we love and care. We always think we still have time. Lord, touch upon us so that we could get close to you and know your will whenever we interact with others. Lord, not wait till we are suffering in the hospital or an accident then we talk about you Lord. Make us talk about you in our daily life. Forgive our little faith. We are ready. Give us your heart to share in every meals, every interactions and meetings Lord. It's not about numbers or not about how many people are going to church etc, it's all about you. It's all about whether we can get amazing life on earth and eternal life in heaven. Make us see, Lord.

No comments: