Thursday, October 19, 2006


Significant prayer gathering at roof of short wing, Student Dormitory at University campus

Thu, 19 Oct 2006 is a significant day for Lingnan

Christians at Lingnan are no longer fighting alone for campus transformation -- Lord is lining up people.

Tonight is significant, not because what we did. Actually, it was indeed we didn’t plan to do anything specific was the main reason why it was so significant. The one-hour non-stop prayers are just mercy of Lord.

“Get the chance to have dinner with Christian students on campus” was the message that kept appearing in my mind in Sept. It prompted up for quite a while, in particular during the worship on Sunday services at church. Used different excuses in avoiding doing something for the first few times I received the messages – I finally be submissive to Lord and contacted one of the core members lately -- Waiwai, year 3 student at Lingnan whom I met in the first Joint-U prayers gathering in 2004. “I have a strong urge from Lord in contacting you. There’s also a sense that I need to get together with you and the other Christians leaders on campus. ” This was what I told her over the phone last Friday. Waiwai is very understanding person even though I am being quite inaccessible during the day via cell phone, she still tried to contact others for a gathering. “Coincidently”, a few Christians planned to cook for dinner on Thursday night – Waiwai told me that may be we just met there. When I arrived the Common Room of Hall E, I saw lots familiar faces and was so thankful that Lord has brought over these new faces to Lingnan. We had a great dinner, not only the food but also the fellowship. Though this was basically the first time I got acquaintance with these younger brothers and sisters, I didn't feel like being an outsider. After washing the dishes, I suggested coming over to my place for dessert.

About 9:00pm, a few of them came to my apartment. We then settled ourselves cozily over sofa and cushions. While we thought we came for dessert, we ended up with more. Three of them are freshmen (King, Cheng and Siu-yee) while the other three are core members of Lingnan fellowships (Waiwai, yr 3; Zoe and Ted, yr 2). After a worship song, we already encountered the spirit of prayers. We then held hands and then cried out for Lord’s mercy on our campus. We prayed for an united heart among ourselves so that even we are from different backgrounds (freshman, year 2, year 3; major in English, Chinese, Business, Social Science and staff member) could get together and pray for Lord’s works on Lingnan. The prayers were flown out from the holy spirit and it just kept on and on.

I was particularly moved. About two months ago, while only Hay-ching and myself prayed at the same spot. We cried out to Lord in bringing people here for the revival of Lingnan. It seems impossible for us to comprehend such thing could happen by then. I once talked to Valient (Coordinator on Campus Transformation Movement at HKU) that I lived on campus and would like to have my living room for Lord. However, I did not know anyone, not even some could be closed enough to get together to have dinner, not to mention about prayer by then. How can I imagine such things could happen without slightest efforts of making it? For tonight, we had representatives from different majors, years and even roles (staff/students) on campus – all get together without a prior appointment! I couldn’t stop myself in calling Valient after the prayer gathering – “Lord is really making things happened!” I exclaimed. About one month ago, I still had no idea how it’s going to work. And it just happened tonight, right at the living room!

Thank you father Lord. Thank you for loving us so much to choose us for your kingdom on University campuses. You are so thankful for all your blessings and love on us. "We love because Lord first love us"

No comments: