Thursday, March 01, 2007

To prepare the day of blessing for Tuen Mun




A group of brothers and sisters from the Citywide Renewal leaded by sister Linda Ma visited Tuen Mun this evening at a prayer gathering wishing to see revival in Tuen Mun.






Lord, we are always weak but you are strong. After finished teaching at 7:30pm, I did struggle a little bit before heading to Tuen Mun Parklane Centre for this prayer gathering. It starts at 7:30pm and I arrived 30 minutes later. Lord treasures the way we worship him and prayed for the lost spirit.

The heart for Tuen Mun is not rooted from my flesh but from Lord. Of course I did live in Tuen Mun in the previous 11 years but I only regarded myself belong here in the recent years. The main reason is mostly because of the youth here. When Pastor Gloria and the others leaded us in prayers -- "We prayed that Satan could no longer control the people here, Tuen Mun people has suffered enough darkness. We proclaim Lord's righteousness be in this place. " I then had to put down my hands and reach for tissue papers. Lord, lots of people in this area had lived under the spiritual darkenss for too long. I then remember the sufferings of my students and then their family members. People all would like to take care of the healthy people but Jesus said "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick." People prefers telling others living in Hong Kong island than Tuen Mun because this is the place where the underprivileged clustered.

Prayers gathering is awesome. It brings you closer to Lord. While I am reading "Day 12 -- Develping friendship with God" in Rick Warren's Purpose Drive Life this morning, I found that Lord would like to treat as a friend and when we draw close to God, God will draw close to us. While I opened up myself in prayers tonight, the water filled my eyes -- I can picture how 'this friend' be pleased in seeing his people use a simple heart to pray -- for the lost spirit, for the sufferings, for the poor and for the needy.

Thank you Lord for sending people to Tuen Mun and love this place. May your work here be done like in heaven. Let's wait to see your glory on the "A Day of Blessing Tuen Mun" on the public holiday of 24 May. Amen.

No comments: