Friday, May 11, 2007

Burning Heart for Campus revival


(Post has been edited on 13 May after Sunday service)

I have been sick and laid in bed in the previous two days. However, when I read the notes and the relevant links from devoted Christian friends in another computer network, I got re-energized.

At times, it's quite depressing to see Lord is being separated from our life or our workplace and only refrained to something on Sunday. Not that I don't have Christian colleagues around but they seems quite different from what I met in my church or outside. When I share or pass along exciting revival information about Lord on the youth, people mostly seems too hustle to care. Being discouraged for a few times, I started to wonder: "Is that something wrong with me?" Lord, I know you sent people here for a reason. There are too many students came to Lingnan with a broken life, Lord, I want to see they all could meet you and be loved. Is there any staff member who shared the same mission and love this group of students around the campus like you?

Or this is just the lesson we have to go through as a preparation for revival? I remember the leader of the student fellowship (Sam!) once mentioned that he prays at WingOn Plaza (the core part of the University) no matter people come or not. Throughout these years, he has been praying there with brothers and sisters or at times, he is the only person there, playing the guitar, worshiping and praying..... on his own. I was deeply moved. Yes, even people around have different purposes in life, we must still be focus in our Lord. If this is what you want us to learn, I will. I would keep up praying for students, colleagues, brothers and sisters in church or those non-believers every morning by their individual names. Their lives are so valuable.

Wed is the mid-week worship services held by the Chaplain's Office. It is a regular service organized during lunch time. This week is already the examination period and therefore colleagues no longer need to teach or have time clashed with other seminars/activities other than some for exam invigilation. I took all my courages to send out an invitation via email to nearly all colleagues (about 50 of them) about this services at the Chapel.

Dear Colleagues:

I am sure you all have a tiring term buzzing around your teaching and administrative work in the previous months. Due to various reasons, we may not able to have peace of mind during the mid-day. Here's a great chance to get re-energized. You can come to the Chapel, to sing or listen to the songs and enjoy the tranquility and get connected to your soul again.

Trust me, this 45 mins is truly worthy. You don't have to do much, just find a seat that you feel comfortable and enjoy the service yourself - it can be quite personal too. If you have never been to the chapel before, this may be your first taste of love and peace. Hope you have a new self after the attendance. It's 12:45pm - 1:30pm, today, at the University Chapel (G/F of NAB, 3 minutes from our office !!!)

Hope you have a good and wonderful day. May Lord's peace and love be with you.

With blessings,

Jennifer



At the end, no one came. (only for this time, I kept my fingers crossed)

Well, it's not totally true. A Christian colleague did join (such an encouragement!). During the process of service, I tried to keep my mind focused on Lord. Of course, whenever I heard noise from the entrance, I still kept my fingers crossed that they are my colleagues, in particular those who have never hear gospel or attend Church services in their lives. Until the end, I didn't find any. I try to comfort myself and assured that Lord has his own plan. What I need to do is "Do not put down the Spirit's fire" (1 Thessalonians, 5:19) and this is what Lord asks me to do. Lord has his way and I am learning to follow -- even it aches at the beginning. Once I get used to it, may be it wouldn't be hurting anymore.

This is the reason why I read the website of "Burning Heart Contract : http://www.theburningheartcontract.com/, I realized what a blessing for me in joining the another computer network and able to connect with all these Christians around the world.

Lord prepares. We just need to learn to humble ourselves and be ready.

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed, perplexed, but not in despair, persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body" (4:8-9, 2 Corinthians)



Father, you are always far more important than our own little suffering.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

老友, 我地一齊耐心等待啦~
神要做的事, 豈是我們能猜到的簡單?
天父是公義的,
他要你做的, 一定會為你預備呀!

Anonymous said...

邁向理想之路,多是孤單乏援。唯有向著目標,一點一滴地做;日子久了,總會有點成果。就算終無成果,隨心行事,問心無愧,亦已安樂。(何況行主之意!與主同行!)

〔話說回來,職場並非團契,人各有志,各為其利。傳道之事,適時適人,不可強求。)

God bless you.

Anonymous said...

邁向理想之路,多是孤單乏援。只要向著目標進發,日子久了,總會有一點成果。縱使沒有成果,亦已隨心而行,問心無愧。人生的意義莫過於滿足自己的心意。

職場有別於團契。人各有志,各為其利,分級劃域。傳道之事,適時適人吧。

God bless you.