Thursday, August 09, 2007

Let Christian music entering the main stream



Still remember during the regular prayer meeting at church after the Sunday service on 5 Aug, a group of brothers and sisters, pastor and staff member prayed together for an variety of issues happening in church, in Hong Kong and in the world.

Whenever I prayed for the youth, I couldn’t stop myself in thinking about how the electronic world induces distorted values and thoughts into the mind our precious younger generation. Obscene images pop up and run into our eyes even before the two words of NO slip out. My heart aches and I know I can do nothing but pray.

Therefore, I pray with a burning heart that more Christians enter into the media and shake the world. Following on that, I heard “Lord, use the talent of the younger generation for composing songs that worship you and yet fit with the heartbeat of the world. Make the Christian music become the main stream.” That was our pastor. Make the Christian music become the main stream? Are you kidding me? Casting away the smutty lyrics is already not easy, not to mention about making it as main stream. Satan’s voice came up.

Tonight, when I click Jaeson’s site, I realize Lord can really use music in various ways. Check out this hi-hop rap : http://www.myspace.com/namesake777

What we may seem impossible is actually happening in the world right now!!!! Praise the Lord. Check out this song : “Justice from Heaven”. Bet you will say Hallelujah after listening to it.

Praise the Lord !!

No comments: