Sunday, October 22, 2006

Attracting more College students to churches


Praise the Lord for his works.

Right at the beginning of Sunday services in the church this morning, an unexpected person appeared outside the church. An adolescent, probably at his first visit to this church, was wavering at the entrance. Our church has quite a lot of adolescents and therefore seeing a newcomer of this age is never new to me. “Another new life to Christ”, I thought. However, when I looked at him, I realized this person is different – he is not a stranger to me. On the contrary, I meet him at least twice a week on a regular basis in these months. Though we only knew each other for about 8 weeks, his name and his interests were already in my memory. Data was then be retrieved in less than 10 second – he is my current student in one of the Pre-AD classes. He was here because he was invited by a classmate. What a good news!

About 10 minutes later, my cell group sister informed me that I had a student coming over to the church today. I told her “Yes, I already met him at the entrance.” “Not that one” she said. Another one? Oh Lord, this is truly amazing. When I looked back, I saw Ka-wing -- a fresh AD graduate. He enrolled in my courses during his first year and second year of studies. Here he is! I didn't really get the chance to talk about Jesus with him during his two years of studies at Lingnan but was so happy to see him here. After a while, I realized there were actually four students, either current or graduates, of mine were attracted to the church due to different reasons. These are all students whom I do not get the chance to talk about spiritual life in details at school. They do not know each other (except two of them) but were attracted to the same church on the same day! Lord really has his plan.

I love my students and put them in my hearts at all times. Therefore, you probably could imagine how grateful I felt for seeing them here – knowing that they would not only be developed intellectually but be saved spiritually was the greatest gift of all.

Thank you Lord for attracting these new babies to churches. They are all precious and it was so encouraging to see them encounter with you. I lift them up to you and may you open up their eyes to know you, to talk to you and walk with you personally. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments: