Friday, March 30, 2007

回到學生的樣式


Jesus called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew, 18:2-4)

Recently, two biblical teaching lingered my mind throughout bible readings and sermons attendance :

1. Jesus, son of Lord, is faithful on the task that father sent him to do on earth. (By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for a I seek not to please myself but him who sent me." (John 5:30).

2. We come from nothing and everything is from Lord. As Job said : "Naked I came from my other's womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." (Job 1:21) If we are only assigned to take care of the things on earth for Lord temporarily, what things we couldn't share with others?


It's funny that I got the third one today. Scattered thought of this kind did appear before but somehow they were not consolidated. Less than one year ago, I prayed to Lord for companions who shared the same passion and heart for the students in Lingnan as I do. Though out months of dryness, I still couldn't get this from my colleagues. Of course, there are lots of Christians who worked here and it seems to me that they are different. Not that they are not committed but they just don't have same mission for College students like Lord puts in my heart.

When I recalled encountering a group of student leaders/prayer warriors through prayer gatherings at the beginning the term, I realized how grateful Lord's work is. They are great comforters and we are quickly united in souls for Lord's kingdom on campus. Tonight, the thoughts became so clear : in a evangelical function co-organized by the University's Chapel's Office and God of Assembly at the University Chapel, the speaker asked if there's any "Lingnan students" on the site and asked them to signal their attendance by raising up their hands. You know what's funny? I raised up my hand without a slightest hesitation. Come on! Lingnan student? Am I ? Really? Year ..hm... year.....10? (Of course, questions like "Are you a student here?" still prompt up when I am in causal wear on campus even now. See, mercy from Lord !) For sure I know the response to the question was completely from my unconscious mind as I was using my conscious mind to conduct a challenging interpreting job (from Cantonese to Putonghua) for an exchange student sitting next to me when the question was brought up. After I raised my hand, Lingnan students sitting around me like Sam, Zoe & Shan burst into laughters. Yes, I don't believe I have this natural reaction too.


Within a few minutes, I realized the meaning that comes with it. When I need to serve this group of people, I have to be like them. Have their hearts and understand their struggles. I am sure this is what Lord puts in my heart. Maybe if I don't go back to the heart of students, I couldn't work for the kingdom that Lord has assigned to me.



Therefore, I really would like to show my greatest appreciation to a group of comrades that love Lord and have a heart for the lost spirits in Lingnan :

Zoe, Sam, Shan, King, Cheng, Siu-yee, Wai-wai, Monkey, Ted, Ryan and lots of others that I met but may not able to call you by name ......

Thank you all for your love and supports. Just a few months after I prayed, Lord sent you all here with me. You may never realize how grateful I am meeting you, praying with you and having dinner with you all in Lingnan here. Like I said, we may be different in various aspects but we are united in spirit and I am so glad that we love and serve the same father.

I love you all. We love because Lord first loves us.


3 comments:

Bijoy said...

well its an excellent post you have here on , i really enjoyed reading it, will be back soon.i especially liked the photo you'd posted,Do keep up the good work
regards Biby - Blog

Anonymous said...

是我們謝謝你才對喇!
我們也愛你
謝謝你帶給我們這麼多的祝福和方便

Jennifer Lee said...

Thanks Zoe.
You probably are the only one who is willing to read the post in English.
Yes, I should keep up my Chinese typing/writing.