Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Dwell in his presence and love




Thought about this for long but don't really realize this is the real message from Lord until it appeared in various ways in a week.

It first appeared in the reading of "The Lord's Work done in Lord's Way" -- a book written by K.P. Yohannan. Right at the first chapter, it mentioned about a group of leaders trying to seek for direction in the mission field. They intended to have the plan fixed and strategies finalized in the four-day camp. However, when they started to pray, God spoke to each leader a message with similar essence :


"You are extremely busy in doing My work and meeting the desperate need of the lost world. You sacrifice and suffer for Me. I am very happy and very pleased with what you are doing for Me. You share My concern, My burden, and I am well pleased. But, at the same time, I am sad because your love for Me is growing thin."

Lord, Oh Lord.

These few lines just imparted in my heart, word by word.
Lord, sorry Lord.
I am doing things in My Way, not Your Way.


Lord always sent us the same message when it is important and when we somehow don't realize the importance. Here is it, he sent it to me again in the retreat camp during Easter holiday. We watched a DVD about the transformation in Africa. The speaker talked a story about how we put Jesus in our life (click here for the Chinese version). This story touched upon my heart : If we have ten rooms in our apartment, do we just give one room to Jesus while we lives in all the others? Are we letting Jesus to live in part of our lives or putting our whole to live in HIS Place? I kept reflecting in the reminding days of the retreat. Yes Lord, we need to dwell in you.

Guess I am either stubborn or stupid (or Lord loves me a lot), he sent me similar message this morning again (just 4 days after the camp!) in my regular bible reading. Since April, I started reading the Genesis all over again and the scripture for today is Genesis Chapter 15-17. It recorded Lord's promise for Abram to have endless heir like the stars in heavens. At that time Abram and Sarai still childless. After quite a while and instead of waiting for Lord's time, Sarai asked Abram to sleep with her maidservant so that they can get a children. The servant, Hagar, did pregnant. You know what's the first line appeared in the guiding book ?(蘇穎智牧師 的 「每日與主同行」)

It writes "與主同行是一回事,跑在神前面又是另一回事" (To walk with Lord is by not mean the same as running before Lord)


Lord, Oh Lord. Sorry, I have to learn to wait upon your ways and your will. Things may seems urgent and need to be handled without delay and yet make us focus on Your Timing, not Our Timing.

The messages didn't stop here.

There's a church meeting every Wednesday. The scriptures the Pastor read today are :
"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." (Colossians, 3:1-4)


「你們要思念上面的事,不要思念地上的事。」歌羅西書 3:2

When the Pastor asked us to have some quiet times after the scripture readings, I was so touched. Swifting from the hectic work schedule and piles of appointments in daily life, I then tried to seek the "things above" during the quiet time. I was extraordinary moved and found my eyes wet when I got the following verses in mind :

『 主 的 靈 在 我 身 上 、 因 為 他 用 膏 膏 我 、 叫 我 傳 福 音 給 貧 窮 的 人 . 差 遣 我 報 告 被 擄 的 得 釋 放 、 瞎 眼 的 得 看 見 、 叫 那 受 壓 制 的 得 自 由 」 Luke 4:18

Yes, this is what Lord want us to do and these are the things "from above". While we are always busy/wrestle with lots of earthly things, did we put all these works that Jesus focused throughout his life out of mind?

I was encouraged and the message didn't stop there. Believe it or not,
the pastor, without knowing I had the above in mind, asked us to read Isaiah 61:1-3 to end our meeting. You know what it said ?

「主 耶 和 華 的 靈 在 我 身 上 . 因 為 耶 和 華 用 膏 膏 我 、 叫 我 傳 好 信 息 給 謙 卑 的 人 、 〔 或 作 傳 福 音 給 貧 窮 的 人 〕 差 遣 我 醫 好 傷 心 的 人 、 報 告 被 擄 的 得 釋 放 、 被 囚 的 出 監 牢 .」 (Isaiah 6:1-3)


Praise the Lord, Hallelujah !

Lord, I don't want to do your work in my way but in your way! Lead me your way and lead me to dwell in your place.

No comments: